BSEdit is a WYSIWYG and efficient multiple sequence alignment editor. It can handle multiple alignments simutaneously with separated views which all had user friendly interfaces integrated with many methods. Alignment can be manually edited conveniently. BSEdit supports a lot of annotations including add comments, cross line, underline the specific sequence etc which greatly enriched the information conveyed by the alignment. Edited alignment with annotations can be saved into a BSEdit project file. BSEdit supports clustalW, Fasta, Phylip, PIR, NEXUS, GCG and Mega alignment file formats. It can handle large multiple sequence alignment and can be set up on Windows computers easily.
BSEdit Features Include:
- WYSIWYG manual editing, full caret functionality, convenient navigation inside the view.
- Multiple Document and View design, editing mulitple alignment simultanously.
- Supports single sequence edit mode, whole alignment edit mode.
- Supports various annotations including comments, cross line, underline, horizontal and vertical boxes, lower case, upper case etc.
- Circular genome alignment adjustment.
- Popup tooltip following the pointer showing current position of the alignment and of the pointed sequence.
- Print edited alignment into PNG format file.
- Save all annotations into BSEdit project file.
- Sequence variation comparison analysis of a specific region, save all variation patterns into an output file.
- Rename sequence names, delete sequence conveniently.
- Drag and drop to adjust sequence order in the alignment.
- Calculate all universal enzyme sites of the alignment.
- Universal primer design based on DNA/RNA alignment.
- Supports clustalW, Fasta, Phylip, PIR, NEXUS, GCG and Mega alignment file formats.
- Supports all popular Windows Operation Systems, including Vista, Windows 7 and Windows XP (with .Net framework 3.0).